- What is Moodle?
- Moodle is an Open Source Course Management System (CMS) for education providers to
support learning and teaching online, customise or further develop it for usage if necessary.
- It is a free software application designed to help educators create online courses with
opportunities for rich interaction.
- It is a global development project designed to support a social constructionist framework of
education. [ more ]
- Moodle @ VTC
- Moodle is the official Learning Management Platform for learning and teaching
in the VTC, launched in AY2012/13.
- Moodle version 2.6+ is implemented in AY 2014/15.
Subsequent upgrades will be carried out by
ITSD when needed.
- Starting from AY 2014/15, all VTC programmes (including Degree, NHD, FD(L3),
DVE, YJP and older
IVE/HKDI programmes use Moodle for online learning.
- The Central Moodle platform in operation is supported at the corporate level
Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) and Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT).
- All users of Moodle should comply with the Copyright Policy and Guidelines of the VTC.
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- There are no specific requirements for students.
- Teachers are recommended to use Firefox (v. 5 or above), Google Chrome (v.12
or above) or IE (v.10 or above).