- What is Moodle?
- Moodle is an Open Source Course Management System (CMS) for education providers to
support learning and teaching online, customise or further develop it for usage if necessary.
- It is a free software application designed to help educators create online courses with
opportunities for rich interaction.
- It is a global development project designed to support a social constructionist framework of
education. [ more ]
- Moodle @ VTC
- Moodle is the official Learning Management Platform for learning and teaching
in the VTC, launched in AY2012/13.
- Moodle version 2.4.5 is implemented in AY 2013/14.
Subsequent upgrades will be carried out by
ITSD when needed.
- VTC programmes (including Degree, NHD, FD(L3), DVE and YJP) use Moodle for online
[ Note: Old HD programmes still run on the WebCT platform in AY 2013/14. ]
- Centralised Moodle platform in operation is supported at the corporate level by the
Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) and Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT).
- All users of Moodle should comply with the Copyright Policy and Guidelines of the VTC.
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- There are no specific requirements for students.
- Teachers are recommended to use Firefox (v. 5 or above), Google Chrome (v.12
or above) or IE (v.10).